Friday, December 28, 2012

Sugar and Spice and Something Way Cooler Than Nice

Happy Holidays everyone! Abbz and I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and got everything on your wish lists :)
Now, as you may have seen from a couple weeks ago, Abbz surprised me with a post about . . . Well, me! She told me she was writing about one of our adventures but then surprised me with that sweet post. Well guess what? It's my turn now. Besides, you all need to know what an awesome person Abbz is.  So this is really a necessity.
From a statistical view, Abbz is a 5'6"ish, Caucasian female with black hair and blue eyes. She's 17 years, 4 months, and 20 days old. She likes chocolate, Michael Buble, dancing, whole apples, Starbucks, and the Bachelor, to name a few. She LOVES cookies. And she may or may not have a special place in her heart for boys.
But those are just the cold, hard facts. If you were to ask me, this is what I would tell you:
Abbz is one of the friendliest people you'll ever meet. Whether she's known you for 6 years or 6 minutes, she can instantly make you feel at home. Her bright smile and easy conversation will make you laugh (she makes everyone laugh; she could make a widow laugh at a funeral) and brighten your day. Especially when you don't have any friends yet - that would be me 3 1/2 years ago. See, I was the new kid at school Freshman year. I was confident that I could find friends (I'm a fairly outgoing person) but it was more intimidating than I thought. But in the middle of the swirling high school hallway, filled with unfamiliar faces, there stood Abbz. She was one of the first people to talk to me and suddenly, I wasn't friendless anymore.
But her bright personality isn't the only beautiful thing about her. She is also a girl of faith - a faith that inspires me every day. She loves the Lord with all of her heart and strives to reflect His light to the rest of the world with her life. In the times that I get distracted, or the times that I find myself in interesting situations, or even in the times where I'm just trotting through life being me, she always holds reminders for me of what a Christ centered life looks like. One of my favorite parts of our friendship is our conversations. We talk about life, love, faith, and growing up together all the time. (Along with our more frivolous conversations, which do happen obviously. We can't be saints ALL the time.) And in all of these talks, we are able to encourage each other and grow together because we are both centered (or try our hardest to be) on our relationship with Christ. And I am so blessed to have a friend to share that with.
But don't worry guys, she's not ONLY beautiful on the inside. I've got a pretty hot best friend, just so you all know. She's got a rockin' sense of style, and you should see that girl rock her sparkly heels :)
Obviously, the list goes on and on. If you can't tell, I love this girl. Since that first day of freshman year, we have been best friends. We've traveled the road of high school together - all the ups and downs. We've come a long way since we were 14. Sometimes we like to reminisce about our old selves, comparing them to our now-selves. We sure have grown up some since then, but the best part is that we've grown together. Now, as we near the half-way point in our senior year, we are some of the only kids in our class that have decided where we're going to go to college. She's going off to be a Cougar in Pullman, and I'm gonna be a Bronco in Boise. And for the first time in 4 years, we're not going to be taking our journey together. Not physically at least. But don't worry. There will be many skype dates, phone conversations, late-night facebook messages, and maybe some quick flights on that private jet some millionaire out there is going to buy for us ;)
All in all, Abbz is a pretty cool cat. Anyone who knows her is lucky, and anyone who doesn't, doesn't know what they're missing. Some guy out there is going to be blessed beyond measure when he gets her. Only after he get's past ME that is.
Love you Abbz! You are the bestest best friend a girl could ask for. We're about to walk into adulthood. Let's ROCK it!!





~Kenz
#partyprincess #cookiemonster #ThugLife

No comments:

Post a Comment